Can’t wait to get printouts from your HP printer? Just wait for another few minutes, and you will learn the complete process to setup HP printer to computer to get the beautiful printouts out of it.
HP printers are known worldwide for its DeskJet, InkJet, and other all-in-one printers, through which you can increase your productivity and enhance the creativity at work. Hewlett-Packard has crafted these devices in a well-planned manner for quick setup with easy to install printer drivers and software. Also, HP keeps releasing new updates, which helps enhancing the overall printing experience.
But as you know, to eat a pie either you will have to buy it or bake it by yourself. And to install the HP printer to your computer, you can either call a service engineer or do it by yourself. We believe you were searching for a DIY guide to setup HP printer to computer, and that’s why you have landed on the right page. But before proceeding outright to the installation process, you must keep a few things handy.
Prerequisites to Setup HP Printer to your computer
- Your HP Printer.
- A4 size papers.
- Ink cartridges. (Comes with your printer)
- Laptop or computer, and you should update it as per the latest operating system.
- Wireless network connection. (You must know the wireless name and password)
How to Setup HP Printer to Computer?
Follow the setup process from the beginning, if you are installing your HP printer for the first time. And if you face issues regarding a particular step, you can jump straight to that process.
Step 1. Prepare your HP printer
- Place your printer in a neat and clean place, and keep your router at a maximum of 5 feet distance.
- Unpack your printer and remove packaging from all interior parts.
- Do not unpack the ink cartridge until you begin to install them on your printer.
- Make sure to check the manual to get assistance on unpacking your HP printer.
- Connect the power cord of your printer to the wall socket (avoid docking stations).
- Turn on the power switch and press the button on your HP printer.
- Insert the pages in the feeder tray. (Do not put the full bundle, instead, maximum 5 pages are needed)
- Choose the desired language from the printer control panel.
Step 2. Install the ink cartridges
- Unpack the ink cartridges.
- Hold them from the sides, and do not touch the copper contacts or nozzle.
- Remove the safety tape from the ink cartridges.
- Depending on your printer model, locate the way to open the cartridge access door.
- Now follow the instructions on top of the carriage to insert the ink cartridges to their respective slots.
- Make sure to hold the cartridge with nozzle size down while inserting them into the slots.
Step 3. HP printer wireless setup
These steps will make you learn how to connect HP printer to computer over a wireless network. Before proceeding, keep the network SSID name and password handy.
- Make sure your HP Printer is turned on and not in sleep mode. Restart, if it’s not awake.
- Now click the Network menu or Wireless icon on your printer control panel.
- Select Settings and click Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Your printer will display the list of wireless networks available in the area. Choose yours and proceed further.
- Doesn’t it display your wireless network? Do not worry and scroll the list to the bottom and manually enter the network SSID name.
- Next, you will need to put the password. All these credentials are case sensitive, be cautious while typing them.
- If you face an error with HP wireless printer setup, then print the network configuration report and follow the points given in that document to fix the issue.
Step 4. Install the driver to Setup HP printer to computer
After completing all the above steps now, you will have to download the printer drivers and software from the HP website. Make sure to keep the printer drivers and software up-to-date to get the best printing experience.
- Make sure to turn on your PC.
- Open the Chrome browser and type “hp.com/setup” without quotation marks and hit Enter.
- You will land on the HP printer setup page, navigate to the Support section, and click Download Drivers.
- Again anew web page will open, here click printers.
- Now enter your printer model name under“Enter your Product name” and click Submit.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions and download the installer to setup HP printer to computer.
- Make sure to download the Full Installation Package.
- Go to the download folder and look for the HP_Printer_Installer
- Double click over the file and click Run on the permission dialogue box.
- Follow the instructions and complete the printer driver installation process.
Step 5. Download the HP Smart App for quick printouts
After connecting the HP printer to your computer, you must download the HP Smart App from the webpage 123.hp.com/setup. To install this application, simply visit this site and click the Download button below HP Smart App. The benefits of this application are:
- You will get a handy tool to command printouts quickly.
- This app will provide you the troubleshooting steps for errors.
- It also helps you with installation steps for HP printer to computer or other devices.
- You can also contact the HP support personals through HP Smart App.
Step 6. Start printing
Now you are all set to print with your HP printers, but before that,follow these small pointers.
- Shut down your HP printer by pressing the On/Off button.
- Now turn it On again after a few minutes.
- After that, your printer will printout a test page to confirm the HP wireless printer setup to your computer.
HP Printer installation support
Are you still facing trouble with the HP printer installation? If yes, then do not hesitate to call our HP printer installation experts. Our team is well-versed in combatting and eliminating the issues so that you can quickly setup HP printer to computer. Moreover, the printer tech support is available to assist you 24/7. Feel free to talk to our experts at our HP printer toll-free number.