If you are having the HP laptop and while playing the audio you hear any crackling sound then your system needs attention. HP Laptop speakers crackling sound is one of the most annoying and frustrating problems if not addressed on time.
Depending upon the particular problem there could be many solutions such as disabling the enhancements, updating the audio drivers and run the audio troubleshooter. With the help of these advance fixes, you can get rid of the problem in speakers.You can also contact HP Laptop Support to get help regarding these advance fixes.
But before proceeding with any troubleshooting step you should check the hardware of your laptops such as loose or bad connections and a damaged wire or other hardware. Sometimes the problem arises due to incorrect settings in your laptop causing HP Laptop speakers crackling sound.
Below we have provided some quick fixes to help you sort out the problem on your own. Each of the steps is provided with in-depth detail hence at the end you will feel proud that you have done it by yourself. So let’s do it.
Fix 1. Changing Audio Format
Many users have got the miraculous results in sound after changing the audio format. Although this is one of the most general and common fixes but converts a problem into a solution much faster. Follow the below steps and at any point in time, you find a problem with the steps then contact HP Laptop Support.
- At first, you need to turn on your laptop.
- Now on your laptop screen in the taskbar(bottom right corner) right-click “Audio” icon.
- Further in the list click “Playback devices”.
- You will see a sound window and here click and open the “Playback” tab.
- Further, now click on the “name of speakers” that you use to play audio.
- And now click “properties”and click “ok”.
- Thereafter speaker properties window will open, here click and open “Advanced” tab.
- From the sample rate and bit depth list select the “16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality)”.
- Click “ok” to confirm your settings.
- Now check the audio if you still hear HP Laptop speakers crackling sound then try using other formats. Select the one whichever suits you.
Fix 2. Run Audio Troubleshooter
The windows are equipped with troubleshooters to fix certain problems. They have the ability to quickly diagnose and fix the problems automatically. You should try troubleshooting first when you come across any problem with your operating system, laptop or other connected devices. Follow the below steps to start troubleshooting:
- Turn on your laptop.
- Search and click “Settings”.
- Further on Settings window search “troubleshoot” and select the “🔧troubleshoot” from the list.
- Now troubleshoot windows pops up and under Get up and running click and expand“Playing Audio”.
- Click on “Run the Troubleshooter” and follow the on-screen prompts. Now the windows will automatically diagnose and fix theHP Laptop speakers crackling.
If this step doesn’t solve the problem then proceed to the next fix.
Fix 3. Disable all Enhancements
Your windows are equipped with sound drivers, some of them might use the sound enhancements to improve the audio quality. But at times it may hamper the sound and create some problems like crackling marking a bad user experience. That’s why is the need to disable the sound enhancements.
- On your laptop screen, go to the taskbar and right-click the “Speaker” icon.
- From the list click “Playback Devices”.
- Now select the default audio player and click “Properties”.
- The speaker properties window will open and click the “Enhancements” tab.
- Thereafter “✔️markDisable all Enhancements”. This fix solves the HP Laptop speakers cracklingproblemof many users.
- Now you need to click “Apply” to confirm the changes.
Fix 4. Remove Exclusive Mode
Exclusive mode feature can sometimes make the applications to control the audio devices exclusively. And this interferes with the audio drivers resulting in a crackling noise from speakers.
- On your taskbar right-click on “Speaker” icon and then click “Playback Devices”.
- Further, you will land on the “Playback” tab and click your “Audio Device name”.
- Now click “Properties” and click “Ok”.
- Thereafter you need to click “Advanced” tab on speakers properties.
- Now remove the tick ✔️ mark from “Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device”.
- Finally click “Apply” and now check for HP Laptop speakers crackling sound, if the problem still persists then proceed to next step.
Fix 5. Audio Drivers Update
The audio driver works as a communicator between audio software and hardware. The devices are manufactured by different companies and manufacturers, that’s why is the need for drivers. They actually work as a translator between software and hardware. For proper and correct functionality of your device, the appropriate driver should be installed. And in case you have installed an outdated or wrong device driver then reinstall the correct one using the following methodto solve HP Laptop speakers crackling sound.
- At first your need to search and open the “Device Manager” on your Laptop.
- From the list of devices double click “Sound Video and Game controllers”.
- Now click your “audio device” from the expanded list.
- Further click “Update Driver”.
- Next window will open that displays“How do you want to search or drivers?”
- Here click “Search automatically for updated driver software”. Now your windows will search for the latest driver software on your computer and the internet.
- Alternatively, you can also visit the audio device manufacture’s website to download the latest driver software.
If you still hear HP Laptop speakers crackling sound, then you will have to uninstall the device driver and then reinstall it the following way.
- In the device manager windows double click the “Sound video and game controllers”.
- Now select your audio device from the contextual menu and select “Uninstall Device”.
- Further ✔️mark “Delete the driver software for this device”.
- Finally, restart your laptop to save the changes and your windows will automatically reinstall the drivers.
This way you can easily troubleshoot the error in your laptop speakers. The process is easy and if followed the way we have mentioned in this document then you can do it by yourself. If this doesn’t solve the purpose then proceed with the next steps. If unable to fix the issue then contact the HP Laptop Support.