Fix No AirPrint Printers Found-
If you also see this error notification in your Apple device then you are not alone as this is one of the most common problems to face. There could be multiple reasons behind this issue, The major one switching your device from one to another or sometimes due to updating your Apple device also creates a problem.
To resolve the issue depends upon the printer you are using or to be specific the troubleshooting steps may vary as per your printer manufacturer. But the primary solution is to check the network settings and resolve issues related to printer set up. Sometimes restarting your printer, Wireless router or Apple device also resolves the No AirPrint Printers Found the problem.
This blog post focuses on HP printers and if at any point in time you found any difficulty in following the steps then you can contact the HP Printer Technical Support.
Instructions Before Troubleshooting
There are few basic requirements needed before troubleshooting so that you can easily follow the process later on.
- A stable and strong internet connection is required for the proper connection between Apple device and HP printer.
- Ensure HP Smart app to be downloaded in Apple device for additional functionality, it can be found in Apple store for both iOS and macOS.
- Your Apple device and HP printer should be connected to the same wireless network.
How to Resolve No AirPrint Printers Found Error?
We have listed down a few tested tips and tricks and steps for you resolve this issue straightaway.
Step 1. Ensure Proper network connection-
This is one of the major issues and that’s why we have kept this in #1 spot.
- The foremost requirement is your Apple device and the printer should share the same wireless network and to ensure that you need to check in your Apple device under Settings <WiFi <✔️mark on your local wireless network name.
- If you are not connected to the different wireless network then search for your wireless network and reconnect to it by validating the password. Ensure there should be no obstruction (metal objects, wall or anything) between your router and your devices.
- Still, if you’re not able to connect to a local wireless network then remove the wires from the router and reconnect after some time.
Proceed to next step if you are not able to solve No AirPrint Printers Found problem.
Step 2. Restart the Printer
- After restarting your HP printer press the wireless button on Control Panel and then press settings to check the network status.
- If your printer does not have the touch control panel then press wireless and information button simultaneously, if a test page prints, that means your printer is now connected to the wireless network.
Step 3. Connect the printer to a network-
- For printers with touchscreen control panel
On the printer Control Panel open the WirelessSetup Wizardunder Setup or Wireless Menu. Thereafter follow the prompt on-screen instructions and complete the connection process.
- For printers without touchscreen control panel
The step may differ as per the different models of HP printers such as for HP tango printer you will have to press and hold the wireless button at the back of the printer until the amber light at the front turns to flash blue.
And after two minutes press and hold the WPS button on the wireless router, until the network connection starts. The connection will be completed when the wireless light stops flashing.
You can try to print the test job and if the issue No AirPrint Printers Found still persists then follow the next step.
Step 4. Enable AirPrint on the Printer
- In the test report that you have previously printed find the IP address of your printer.
- Now ensure that your Apple device is connected to the internet and open the Safari browser, write the IP address in the browser.
- Now click “Go” in Apple device keypad and open Embedded Web Server (EWS).
- Thereafter a new screen will open, click and expand the Network
- Further from the drop-down list click AirPrint and then click Status and click Ok on the next screen.
- Now you need to Click “Show Details” in “This Connection is Not Private” page.
- At the bottom of this page click “Visit this Website”.
- Now you should click “Turn On AirPrint”on the next screen.
- Now proceed with printing a test job, this will solve the “No AirPrint Printers Found” error.
Step 5. Try Wi-Fi Direct-
Alternatively, if you’re not able to connect your printer with the local wireless network then you should prefer using printer Wi-Fi direct connection with your Apple device.
- On the printer Control Panel press Wi-fi direct option and on your Apple device go to Settings and open the Wi-Fi.
- Now from the Wi-Fi networks list on your Apple device select Direct.
- If asked for a password then enter 12345678 (default password).
- Print a test job.
In the worst-case scenario if you’re not able to solve the No AirPrint Printers Found issue then you can use the alternate printing method (Step5). Download the HP smart app from 123.hp.com, with the help of this app you can use the additional features such as taking the help of HP printer support, get updated about the new software, to know about the level of ink cartridges etc.