How to install an HP printer without disk? This question can naturally crop up in your mind as now most of the HP printer doesn’t come with the installation disk. Then how to install the printer software to your computer?
Well, the printers and their manufacturers (HP) are smart because now you can download and install the latest printer software directly from HP’s website by merely connecting printer and computer with a USB cable.
So, whether you are a Mac user or works with Windows computer, you can quickly install your HP printer on your computing device. HP is always in the front line when it comes to launch a new initiative, and to install HP printer without disk is part of one such strategy.
But then what are the key benefits of directly installing the software from the HP website? Well, here is the list:
- You get to install the bug-free and latest software that HP puts on its website.
- There is no need to worry about losing software,as is the case with the installation disk.
- It’s an easy, quick, and reliable way to install a printer on your computer.
- Whether you have bought a used printer or a new one, the process works with all.
- You can uninstall and reinstall the installation software at any time.
How to install HP printer without disk?
To install the HP printer,you will need a compatible USB cable that generally comes with your printer. If you have lost the cord or it didn’t come with your HP printer, then you canbuy it from a local shop.
If your printer is not compatible witha USB cable, then connect wirelessly using method #3.
Now read the further sections, and if you are a Mac user, then jump to method #2.
Method 1. Via USB cable for Windows users
- Connect the USB side of the wire to your laptop or CPU of your desktop.
- And connect another end of a USB wire to your HP printer.
- Turn on your HP printer. (Make sure your printer is connected to the wall socket, avoid docking stations)
- Now, after two minutes,the HP Printer installation process will begin,and you need just to follow the on-screen prompts.
- Ifthe installation process didn’t start,then type printers on the search box.
- Andselect Printers and Scanners from the list of results.
- The settings window will open, here click ➕Add a printer or scanner.
- Further, click your HP printer and click Next.
- If your printer didn’t appear, then click “The Printer that I want isn’t listed.”
- Follow the instructions and proceed to install HP printer without disk.
Now you are all set to give print commands while your printer will automatically provide the test printout.
Method 2. Via USB cable for Mac users
First, you will have to check if your Mac has USB-C port, and if it does, then get a USB to USB-C adapter, and connect the HP printer to your Mac.
- Turn on your HP printer and ensure it is in a ready state.
- You need to make sure that your Mac is connected to the internet.
- Now browse hp.com. Here click printer under Let’s identify your product.
- On the next screen, enter your HP printer model number and click Submit.
- After a few seconds, you will need to confirm your operating system version. You can modify it as per your Mac device.
- Navigate to Driver product installation software and click Download.
- Select USB as a connection type when asked during the process.
- Follow all the quick instructions and finish the installation process.
Method 3. HP Printer installation through website
If you are unable to follow the above two methods or your printer and computer configuration doesn’t allow you to proceed, then follow the steps mentioned here. You need to connect your printer and computer over the internet and install your printer from the HP website the following way.
- Visit the website 123.hp.com/setup from your computer.
- Go to the Support section and click Download Drivers.
- Select the Printer
- Enter your HP printer model name and number.
- Now keep following the instructions and clickDownload Full Package.
- After that, you will receive the HP Printer installer file under the Download
- Double click over it and install the software package to your computer.
- During the process, you will need to add your HP Printer in the software.
- After finishing HP Printer installation, command a print job from your computer.
Take expert’s help to install HP printer without disk
Hopefully, now you will be able to complete the printer installation process and get ready to print. As per your device, you can choose the first two methods; however, the last way fits well for all the devices.
Although these steps are self-explanatory to install HP printer without disk, if your printer is showing tantrums to install, then you must connect to us and avail our prompt service. We have a team of printer experts who will provide you the best suggestions to complete the installation process.