Though HP Printers are known for their amazing features and longevity, at the end of the day, it is a machine, and a couple of issues might pop up at times. HP printers might bring so many technical issues, including HP Printer won’t scan and many others. But there are solutions to it. If you have recently come across scanning items where you see the printer is saying that it is unable to scan, you can give a read to this post here.
While so many tech problems can arise, one such common issue that users of HP Printers might face is that their scanner is not working, though the printer is printing just fine. Having HP customer Service Number saved with you can be useful for the HP printer users. The issue like HP Printer won’t scan generally occurs because of the problems with printer drivers or printers.
Steps to Troubleshoot ‘HP Printer Not Scanning’ Problem
The message that the device pops up with indicates the printer is not connected, which results in scanning issues. There might be other tech glitches due to which HP Printer won’t scan issue can arise. But, if you know the steps to solve it, what makes you think to get bothered? Here’s presenting the simple guide to 5 significant steps for troubleshooting HP printer, not scanning issue. Keep reading on because there are a couple of ways to address HP Printer won’t scan issue:
STEP 1: Check the compatibility of the platform
If your printer is being unable to scan after you have upgraded to Windows 10, then the problem probably lies with the fact that the platform is not compatible. Open the compatibility page of the printer to know if it is compatible with your browser. If the printer is not compatible with your browser, you will either have to change your browser or your printer. Taking right steps, in a right way when HP Printer won’t scan can help you handle this issue without any hassle.
STEP 2: Reset the HP printer
Turning the HP printer off and then turning it back on might solve the scanning troubles that you are having. The process is usually known as power cycling, and it is able to reinitialize the configurations of the scanner. Turn the printer off, disconnect it from your power cable, wait for about twenty minutes, and turn the printer on again to see if it works properly.
STEP 3: Reinstalling the printer software
You might solve the HP Printer won’t scan problem by reinstalling the printer software. The installed software and drivers stop responding when you upgrade the version of your Windows. So, it might be a good idea to upgrade the software and Windows at the same time. It makes sure that you have the upgraded drivers for the models. In order to reinstall the printer, you will require following the below-offered steps. So, keep reading on only to find out the significant steps to perform:
- First and foremost, you will need to right-click the Start button and then choose the option that mentions: Run.
- After this, you will require entering the ‘appwiz.cpl’ option present in Open text box, then tap on OK.
- Now you will have to choose HP printer software right from the below list on Programs & Features Control Panel applet.
- Them, it is imperative to choose the option mentioning Uninstall & then Click on Yes.
- After you do this, you will have to restart the Windows 10 PC upon uninstalling HP printer software.
- Now, you will require removing printer from printer list in the Printers and Scanners.
- In order to perform so, you will have to open Run window.
- Then, you will have to enter on the option of mentioning ‘printers’.
- After you do this, it is time to press the enter button in order to click on the Printer & Scanners.
- In your Printer window, you will require choosing the HP printer. And then, you will have to click on the Remove Device.
- After this, it is important to follow whatever is popping onscreen. Read through the instructions carefully.
- After this, it is essential to open HP support page.
- Then, you will have to tap on printer, and then you will have to enter the model name and number in your search box.
- After this, just click the Submit button.
- Then the software & driver page will open onscreen.
- You will have to tap on the Change button to select 64 or even 32-bit of Windows 10 version.
- In the drop-down menu, you will then have to press the Change button.
- Tap on the Download option.
- Now you will have to open downloads folder on the computer.
- Last but not least, you will then have to tap on recently downloaded printer drivers & software file to Install it.
STEP 4: Run HP printer troubleshooter
The print and scan doctor that HP printers provide might detect and fix the problems for you. You will get the print and scan doctor on the customer support page of HP. Download it and click on the fixed scanning option it shows for troubleshooting your device.
- First and foremost, you will have to ensure that the HP printer has been connected to the desktop or the laptop.
- After this, you must click on HP Print & Scan Doctor on HP Customer Support page to download the troubleshooter.
- For that, you will have to tap on the HPPSdr.exe & then open the software’s window.
- After this, tap on the start and then choose the HP printer, which does not scan.
- As soon as you do this, you will then have to click on the option mentioning Fix Scanning.
- Upon doing so, you will see the troubleshooter telling you about the error, in case it gets detected.
- In case it displays the X icons, the user will have to follow further guidance that pops up with a proper troubleshooting method.
Approaching our efficient professionals when your HP Printer won’t scan can be a wise decision.
STEP 5: Ensure Windows Image Acquisition is enabled
Besides all the essential services, the Windows Image Acquisition Service happens to be the most basic service. As a matter of fact, some need to enable the same service to fix the scanning process. You can enable it by following some simple steps. Our professionals help numerous people in handling numerous errors, including HP Printer won’t scan issues.
Hopefully, these five steps have been enough to offer definite knowledge about the process. You can now perform these steps and get the troubleshooting solutions accordingly. These methods should be enough to solve the issues. If the problem persists, make sure to call the customer support number of HP printers.
However, before delving deep into the steps to fixing a scanner that will not work, you can perform some crisp and easy everyday tips to help your HP scanner run fine. If you put effort into maintaining your scanner properly, the chances of the damage would be less. This will keep a waste of time or any significant damage at bay. So, when it comes to printers and scanners, the foremost suggestion that you will get to maintain them is to keep them clean.
Why cleaning is the first step to maintain your printer scanner?
We have the habit of keeping all our peripherals clean or close to clean, at least. The mouse and keyboard are always visible to us, and we use it a lot. Hence they get the cleansing brush o wipe once in a while. But as users, we tend to overlook the devices that are out of sight. The scanners and printers usually begin to play up when they accumulate dirt or debris in their edges. So, it is essential to run a check once in a while on your HP scanner to see if it is clean.
How do you clean your HP printer scanner to keep issues at bay?
So, for cleaning your HP scanners, use a lint-free cloth that is slightly moistened but not soapy or wet. Make it a point to note that the cloth that you are using is not absolutely wet as this can cause a problem. It can exactly result in different consequences. You can use especially two or three drops of water. There are scanner cleaners available in the market that you can choose from. But for HP scanners, it is especially important to avoid cleaners that have propyl alcohol or ammonia. These might be comparatively harsh for the material of the scanners.
They may even leave specific damage or stains. You must avoid cleaners that contain benzene, acetone, carbon tetrachlo ride, or any abrasives. The best cleansers to keep your HP scanners active and shinning would be the butoxy propanol or isopropanol-based cleaners. These are readily available in the market. If you are confused about how much water, you have another option that is to use a microfiber cloth that is dry. Now that is more than enough to clean your HP scanner.
How to clean your HP printer scanners-
So here is how you will clean your HP printer scanners. If you are using Sheet-fed scanners, begin gently vacuuming them and getting rid of any debris or paper lint. You can also use automatic document feeder, fax, or scanner-cleaning sheets through. You have to repeat this a couple of times. Then you add some moisture to the fuzzy sheet with a suitable cleanser first, as mentioned above. The Higher-end sheet-fed printers and scanners will allow you to replace the slipping rollers.
In the case of others, you will need to wipe off their rollers with a rubbing alcohol-soaked cloth. Remember, it should be pure and not green. In case you can reach all the scanning elements by yourself, try cleaning them with a microfiber cloth. It is best to avoid compressed the gas as that might leave an amount of residue. Other than that, if you are having issues with your scanning quality, you can use the following quick tips to get rid of the problem.
- The first obvious step is to check for the results. The output will help you get a vague idea of the on-going problem.
- Try increasing the default resolution.
- Enable the blank page detection option.
- Enable color scanning.
- Enable the two-sided scanning option.
- Index while you are scanning.
The above steps will help you fix your HP scanner and add an edge to its performance and maintain it. In case you face further issues, the technical team is there at your service! The HP Technical Support Number is active 24/7 to help Hp printer users with all possible errors like HP Printer won’t scan related technical glitches, and other doubts. Feel free to call!