HP is one of the most accomplished printer brands across the world, having one of the perfect features and functions a user want to have in their gadget. Despite all the plus points, you can face some issues, which could be problematic for you. So, let’s be prepared for the upcoming issues and one of the issues can be ‘HP Printer won’t print and this could be due to the cartridge. And apart from all the reasons one of the main reasons can occur after changing the ink cartridge.
But, no need to worry, as our technical support team is available 24*7 for you to provide you the correct solution of all the problems related to HP Printer, for which you can contact us on HP Support number.
Before leading towards the step, One should know what exactly Cartridge is:
Ink Cartridge or also known as Inkjet Cartridge is a component of an inkjet printer that contains the ink which is used while printing.
HP Printer depends on various ink cartridges to print the document and these ink cartridges are designed in such a way that you can easily fit them in the printer. When one replaces a brand new ink Cartridge, they can find the issues that ‘HP Printer won’t print’ or ‘HP Printer Won’t print with New cartridges‘even if the ink is filled in the cartridge.
So, there are various Troubleshoot methods by which you can fix the problem ‘HP Printer won’t print’.
To make your printer work perfectly, Follow these simple steps given below:
- Open the printer lid of your HP Printer.
- Locate the Hp Printer’s ink Cartridges, in the grey bay in the center of your HP Printer.
- Remove the ink cartridges from the Printer.
- To remove the ink cartridge you have to pull up the black tab that secures them, and gently pull the cartridge towards you out of the printer.
- You can find pink packaging tapes in the cartridge.
- If you find any pink packaging tape still there on the contracts of the printer, then remove the tape.
- In case if you are thinking that why the tape needed to be removed? Then hat is because if you will leave the tape on it, then the tape will block the cartridges from making proper contact with the printer.
- So, checking the tape should be your first step after getting the cartridges out of the printer.
- Now, replace the ink cartridge to the printer and check whether it’s working or not by printing a document.
You have to move on to the second Step If the first step doesn’t work out and the printer is still not in a working condition.
- Download the updated software for your HP Printer model that corrects the issue with HP Printers that extend new cartridges useless stop the functioning of the printer.
- Input your Printer’s model number in the ‘Locate your product to get support’ Box.
- After clicking on your computer’s operating system, download the accurate software patch to your desktop.
- For the driver installation, you have to double-click on the downloaded software file.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions.
- As soon as the installation will complete, restart your computer.
- Try to print a document for the test.
- Your first step should be the ‘Power Off’ of your printer.
- Now remove the ink cartridges from the printer to clean them.
- It may happen, during the process of installation of new cartridges, dust and dirt can get in the way of metal contacts for the cartridges with may lead to the non-functioning of the cartridges.
- Now place the cartridge on a clean paper towel to prevent the ink leakage from the cartridge.
- To dampen the cartridge, pour a very little amount of distilled water in a cotton ball.
- Now using the damp cotton ball wipe the contacts of the ink cartridge
- Let the cartridges get dry.
- Now place the cartridges back inside the printer.
- Now you can ‘power on’ the printer.
- Try to print a new document for the testing of the printer, as if it is working properly or not.
So, These are a few simple steps that you can use if your ‘HP Printer won’t print’.
There is one more important note on should keep in mind before purchasing a new ink cartridge, that the cartridge you are purchasing is genuine or not.
Not using a genuine Ink cartridge can also be a reason that ‘HP Printer won’t print’.
What to do if:- ‘HP Printer Won’t print with New cartridges’
- The first step should be to remove the Ink cartridge form the Printer.
- Reset the printer.
- Now, disconnect the power cord from the printer and then unplug the ‘Power Cord’.
- If you are using the USB cable to connect, then remove the USB Cable as well.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes.
- Now press and hold the power button on your HP Printer for 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now, plug back the power cord to your printer.
- As well as Plug back the power Cable without using any extension cord.
- Now, Turn on the printer.
- Now, wait until the warm-up period ends, and the printer is idle.
- Now, Put back the ink cartridges in the printer.
- And try to print out some documents to check whether the printer is working properly or not.
One can try all these steps one by one if their ‘HP Printer won’t print’.
But still, after trying all these steps, one is having further issues in the printer, then you can connect with us as hp printer technical support team is always there to guide you.