HP Printer not showing up in devices and printers generally occurs when users update their computer to Windows 10 from the previous version.
To solve this issue,users try the hit and trial methods but do not conclude.
And that’s what tempted us to create a troubleshooting guide,which will help you quickly fix the HP Printer icon missing problem. If any point in time you are finding uncomfortable to fix this error, then you can consider contacting our HP printer customer service.
What is the Problem?
Well, the issue is -you can not find the HP Printer icon in Desktop, Control Panel, and Devices & Printers.
The problem might become more complicated if the printer icon is missing from everywhere, which will require you to tweak the windows registry settings.
How to fix printer not showing up in devices and printers?
This section will provide you five fixes to get rid of printer icon missing error. It would be best if you started with the first-step-first.
- Uninstall and Reinstall the HP printer drivers
Updating your printer drivers software is the foremost thing you must do to fix printer icon missing error. With every new software, HP provides the solution to fix bugs.
Uninstalling Printer Driver
- On your computer, you need to search for Printers and Devices.
- Now right-click your Printer Name.
- Further, you need to select Uninstall from the drop-down list.
Reinstalling Printer Drivers
- Firstly, disconnect the USB cable from your computer.
- Now navigate tothe Chrome browseron your computer.
- Now visit the website hp.com/setup.
- Further, you need to scroll down and select Support.
- Click Download Drivers.
- Now you will be receiving the drivers’ file in your download location.
- Click the file and change the operating system as per your computer.
- To proceed further, click Download in front of a full software package.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to complete the printer drivers installation process.
- Reboot your computer to save the settings and finish the installation.
If still HPPrinter not showing up in devices and printers,then continue with the next method.
Hp Printer Troubleshooter
The printer troubleshooter works well to recover the missing printer icon in devices and printers. Proceed with the following steps to show up the printer symbol again.
- Turn on your computer.
- Now type and search the Settings menu on your computer.
- Further, you need to click on Update and Security.
- Now you may click Troubleshoot in the left side panel.
- After that, you need to click the Printer
- Then finally select Run the Troubleshooter.
- Now you may allow the windows to fix the issues in your printer.
Activate Bluetooth Support Service
If still the (printer not showing up in devices and printers),then you need to verify the activation of Bluetooth support service on your computer. Follow the below process to enable the service.
- Press and hold the Windows + R keys together, and open the Run dialogue box.
- Now type mscin the open and hit Enter.
- After that, the Services window will open.
- Scroll the list and look for Bluetooth Support Service.
- Right-click over it.
- Now you need to select Start on the drop-down menu.
- After that, restart your computer to save the settings.
- Activate Device Install Service
Although the above fixes work well to troubleshoot the missing icon problem, still if (your printer not showing up in devices and printers),then you must try this section.
- Again open the Run dialogue box. (The shortest way is to right-click the Start button and choose Run).
- Type on the box msc.
- Now search for Device Install Service (DIS) in the Services Window.
- If DIS service is disabled, then double-click over it.
- Now Device Install Services properties window will open.
- Click the box in front of the Startup Type and select Manual.
- Now you need to click Apply and then click Ok.
Additionally, you need to ensure the following startup type for the device-related services to fix hp printer not showing up in devices and printers.
- [InstallDevice Service]– Manual (Trigger Start)
- [Setup Device Manager] – Manual (Trigger Start)
- [Management Device Enrolment Service] – Manual
- [Association Device Service] – Manual (Trigger Start)
- [Background DevQuery Discovery Broker] – Manual (Trigger Start)
- Create a Registry backup and Edit registry
Use this section under an expert’s supervision. You may contact the HP printer customer service for guidance. Novice users must not use this option.
Automatic registry backup
- Open the Run dialogue box and type Regedit and hit enter.
- Now Registry Editor will open and navigate to the key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session manager\Configuration Manger.
- To proceed further, you need to right-click Configuration Manager.
- Now click New and then select DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Also, you may rename the new key as Enable Backup and then hit the enter
- Now you must open this newly created key and type 1 in value data box and click Ok.
- Now you can restart your computer to save the settings.
- After that, you may search for a backup registry at:
Edit the Registry
After creating the backup registry, you may now edit it using the following steps.
- On your computer, you need to open the Registry editor.
- Now locate the key:
- On the left panel, click Name Space, then select New.
- Further, you need to click Key and name the key as:
- Finally, you must setthe default key-value as
- Now you can restart your system after closing the registry editor.
After using these steps, you will solve the HP printer not showing up in devices and printers section. It would be best if you start with reinstalling the printer driver software,which will automatically diagnose various bugs on your computer.
The next method is to run the printer troubleshooter from the Update and Security menu. Generally,most users have fixed the printer icon missing error using the first two troubleshooting methods. However, we have provided you the five practical approaches to fix this problem, if you are finding an issue then contact our HP printer customer service.