How to resolve Hp Printer not Printing black ink? HP is one of the widely used brands across the world by millions of users due to the ultimate quality of products. However, there are situations when users encounter problems with their HP printers. For instance, the HP printer not printing, overheating of the printer, pam jam issues, etc.
If you are experiencing that your HP printer not printing color or black prints properly, here are some of the common reasons for the same:
- You are running out of black cartridge
- Issues with your Printer Head
- Check your software or HP printer driver
- Problem with the laser assembly of your HP printer
- Improper or loose connections
- Damaged USB or power cables
HP Printer Not Printing Black Ink: What Should You Do?
If you are facing this issue, you can take help from the printer support team to get your problem fixed. Some of the common fixes for this bug are:
- Clean the Printhead: HP printers having clogged printhead do not print the black ink. Therefore, it is important to change the printhead. It is the resolution that some HP users have already confirmed that it fixes printings.
How you are cleaning the printhead varies a bit between the different printer models of HP. You can choose Deep Cleaning or even Clean Printhead options from the Printer Maintenance menu on the HP control panel of the printer. Choosing the option would print the page and show up pattern outputs for several colors.
- Opening printer troubleshooter: Windows has the Printer troubleshooter which helps fix the printer when it does not print! It can offer fixes for the HP printers and not printing the black ink. Windows 10 users should open Printer troubleshooter via clicking Cortana Type in order to search the button on the taskbar.
After this, the user needs to enter the ‘troubleshoot’ option in the search box. As soon as you do this, you will have to choose the Troubleshoot for opening Settings app that is shown to you on your screen. You will now require choosing the ‘choose printer’ option and choose ‘run troubleshooter’ in order to open window in snapshot directly.
- Fix Printing With Print & Scan Doctor: Alternatively, you can also fix Printing With Print & Scan Doctor. For this purpose, Hewlett-Packard users of printers should utilize HP Print & Scan Doctor utility for the purpose of troubleshooting printing errors. As a matter of fact, that is a troubleshooter designed for HP printers. The users can also fix printing with the HP Print & Scan Doctor by following these:
Choose HP Print and Scan Doctor link on HP page to download software’s setup >> Choose HPPS.dr.exe for installing HP Print and Scan Doctor >> Tap on Start to choose the HP printer, and press the Next button >> Remove the PC errors >> Choose Fix Printing option.
- Clean the black ink cartridge: To do so, remove the black ink cartridge from the HP printer using a cotton swab. Clean all the dirt, or dried ink that may be causing hindrance. You can also client the printer heads to clear any blockage.
- Replace ink cartridge: If the cartridge has become low on the ink, it is best to replace the cartridge. Most of the users will check ink levels when the printer absolutely stops printing the black ink. However, some users also overlook replacing the cartridge when the ink is not over entirely. It is always best to replace black ink cartridge if it is low on the ink.
Nonetheless, it can also be done when it is not completely out of the ink. A mark on the ink indicator will highlight the times when the cartridge goes out of or low on ink. Therefore, one can always replace black ink cartridge in case the exclamation mark indicates the same.
- Aligning the printer: The printer might not be able to print black ink because of the fact that it has not been calibrated. This is the reasons why calibrating the HP printer by aligning the printhead can fix the printing issue. As a fact, most of the HP printers include the Align Printhead option on Printer Maintenance or the Tools control panel menus which users calibrate them.
Selecting the option will calibrate printers and print the alignment page. The printers of HP have manuals providing specific printhead guidelines for alignment in accordance with the respective models.
The aforementioned resolutions can probably fix the HP printers so that they can print black ink. In case the above resolutions don’t fix printing, the printer might itself need repairing. As a fact, users can also return the HP printers, which are within their periods of warranty. They can return it to the manufacturers to repair it. Therefore, it is always important to check the printer’s warranty period to check whether the printer can be returned to HP.
- Add Genuine HP Cartridge to Your Printer: Now, this can also be an issue why your printer has stopped printing black ink. If you are choosing third-party ink, it might have the chance of not showing up good results every time. As a result, your printer ‘not printing black ink’ occurs. To get a proper troubleshoot, it is imperative to choose a genuine HP Cartridge to the printer. You can enter the serial number on cartridge labels at HP verifying pace in order to validate it.
- Change your printer settings: If your HP Laser jet printer is facing this problem, you can try changing the settings. To do so, go to ‘Disable the cartridge’ and then switch the magenta and black cartridges. Try printing the page again. If you are still not able to print black ink, there are some issues with the toner cartridge.
- Check the USB connection: Another common reason is that the wiring connection to the printer is loose. Check all the USB connections and the power plug and ensure that they are plugged in properly.
Contact the HP printer support
If you cannot fix the bug after trying all the fixes, you can take help from the HP support number. Their expert technical experts are available 24 X 7 to help resolve your printing issues.
One Pro Tip: To maintain your HP devices’ long life, you are advised to buy genuine HP products from a trusted store. You can contact our team whenever you face issue hp printer not printing black or any other HP printer related concerns. Our Hp customer care team is always there to help.