Working with the HP printer installed on a Mac PC sometimes gives the network scanner error. This error is quite common with the Mac users and that’s why you are also facing the same. As you are looking for a solution for this to bring your printer back to like again, so here we have described some methods to solve your on-going problem. The steps to resolve the HP Printer Network Scanner Connection Error for Mac are very easy to follow for everyone and doesn’t require any technical assistance.
So, take a read of the whole procedure below to follow.You will be able to fix HP Printer Network Scanner Connection error andget your printer working again as usual to carry on your daily tasks.
Steps To Fix HP Printer Network Scanner Connection Error for Mac PCs
Follow the below delineated 3-steps procedure on your Mac.
STEP 1. – RESET YOUR PRINT SYSTEM
Resetting your print system is important as it clears any error states in your printer. It removes all earlier HP or non-HP printers, print jobs or printer preferences. Go through the following sub-steps to rest the HP printer.
- Click the Apple menu and then go to System Preferences.
- Click the option Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners.
- Now inside your Printers window, right-click or control+click anywhere. It will display the Reset printing system.
- Click to rest your printer.
- Enter the administration name and password to confirm and complete the reset process.
Try to scan with your printer.
You may get your printer functioning here itself. Or proceed to the following steps.
Resetting your printer can solve the problem for you. In-case it didn’t worked, go to the next step.
STEP 2 – UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL YOUR PRINTER DRIVER
Try a fresh installation of the printer drivers to solve HP Printer Network Scanner Connection Scanner Error for Mac. Follow below steps to do this on your PC.
- First disconnect the USB cable from your HP printer.
- Find and click the Finder icon in the Dock menu.
- In the menu bar, click on GoThen click Applications and open the HP or Hewlett Packard folder present there.
You will find the HP Uninstaller in the folder.Double click on it to uninstall the HP driver and software.
If HP Uninstaller is not in the folder, continue to the next step.
- Drag the Hewlett Packard folder to the Trash icon present in the Dock.
- In the menu bar present, click Go, and then go to the folder /Library/Printers, and then click Go.
- Similar to step 4, click and drag the Hewlett Packard folder to trash.
- Right click on trash icon. You will get the empty trash icon to delete files.
- Prepare your printer for the driver installation. Check if the printer is turned on and the cartridges are installed. Also look if paper is loaded in the paper tray.
- Now visit 123.hp.com to fetch the driver compatible for your PC. The webapp will try to recommend the suitable driver to install on your PC.
- Follow the instructions there to download and install the driver or app.
Go get most out of your PC by installing full software or HP smart.
- Follow further steps to setup and complete the connection.
Try scanning with your printer. If you still face the problem, then proceed for the next step.
STEP 3: TROUBLESHOOT YOUR PRINTER
You may need to hp printer troubleshooting your printer probably because it may not be connected with your network or PC. So, you may need to troubleshoot to fix the HP Printer Network Scanner Connection Scanner Error for your Mac.
Follow these steps for that.
Troubleshooting Your Wired Printer Connection
Note that the steps are to be followed with the HP Printers with LAN connection.
Check the network cables and connection in-case your PC is unable to detect the printer on a wired connection.
STEP 1: DISCONNECT YOUR ETHERNET CABLE
Reset the connection between your printer and computer by disconnecting and then reconnecting the ethernet cable.
- Turn off your printer.
- Disconnect the ethernet cable from the router.
- INSPECT THE ETHERNET CABLE
- Check for any damage and replace if it is.
- Check if the cable is fully secured at both the ports.
- Confirm whether you are using an ethernet cable and not a phone cable.
- Connect the ethernet port into different LAN port. Make sure you haven’t connected to the Internet port.
- Turn on your printer.
- Check the lights on the printer’s ethernet port to confirm the connection of your printer. The green light should continuously glow while the orange light should blink when cable in connected.
STEP 2: PRINT A NETWORK CONFIGURATION PAGE
Try to print a network configuration page to confirm your network status.
- Printing the Network configuration page.
- Print a page from the Wireless or Network Settings menu if you have a printer with touchscreen control panel or text-based display.
- For printers with button only, print the page using combinations on the printer control panel. For some printers, the method is to press Wireless button and the Information button at the same time, or to press Wireless button or the Start Copy Black button at the same time.
- You will find the Printer Status as Ready in a print at General Information section in the page if everything gets fine.
Move to the last and final step if the problem still persists.
STEP 3: SERVICE YOUR PRINTER
If you are done with all the above steps, then you need to either service or replace your HP product to solve the HP Printer Network Scanner Connection Error for Mac. Contact HP Customer Support number to schedule repair or replacement of your product.