HP OfficeJet 6500A plus troubleshooting is a way to diagnose and rectify various sorts of errors in your printer. You are often in a rush to finish print jobs, but your printer doesn’t cooperate and gives faded printout or streaky text and sometimes throws out just blank pages.
The problem worsens while using a multi-function printer (MFP) like the OfficeJet series, which also acts as a scanner and copier. Under this situation, you can lose your precious business time and productivity.
Although HP has developed free tools and software to debug some common errors, a few complicated problems need special attention and human intervention. You may download HP smart app, HP print and scan doctor or HP Support Assistant for HP OfficeJet 6500A plus troubleshooting.
If you also come across the common printer problems, this document will work as a DIY guide, helping you combat and exterminate these issues by yourself.
Before moving deeper into the discussion, you must know the best practices to follow to optimize your printer and reduce downtime. Let’s start with the essential points to remember while using the HP printer.
Important Points to remember
- Make sure to use genuine HP ink cartridges and good quality papers.
- During HP OfficeJet setup installation, connect your printer and computer to the same wireless or wired network.
- Never link ink cartridges open to the air or atmosphere. (Keep it inside the printer or original packaging)
- Ensure printer connection wires are not frayed or worn out.
- Update your printer driver software as per the latest release by HP.
- Download free Printer diagnostic tools and software on your computer such as HP Print and Scan doctor, HP smart app, HP support assistant.
Quick HP OfficeJet 6500A plus Troubleshooting
This section will cover some common printer problems and their troubleshooting steps. After reading these solutions, you will become a pro and can fix your OfficeJet 6500A on your own.
- The printer doesn’t print
- Verify sufficient ink in the cartridges and also check that they are appropriately installed and snapped in the slot.
- You may try to uninstall the cartridge and reinstall it in the slot.
- Sometimes the problem resolves by restarting your printer.
If your printer still doesn’t print then you can try to reset your printer using following HP OfficeJet 6500A plus Troubleshooting Steps:
- Disconnect the power cable from your printer (Printer should be in running state)
- Now remove the cable from the wall socket as well.
- Now, after one minute, reconnect the power cable to the printer and wall socket.
If the issue doesn’t resolve, you will need to clean the copper contacts, but this step will require an expert’s help. You may contact our HP Support number or chat with us for further assistance.
- Firstly you need to turn on your HP OfficeJet 6500A printer.
- Now open the cartridge access door.
- Do not rush, wait for the carriage to stop & printer to get idle.
- After that remove the error ink cartridge from its slot. (One at a time)
- Now take a clean cloth and wipe the copper contacts.
- Lastly, you may insert the ink cartridge to its place. Please do not leave the cartridge open to the atmosphere.
- Paper Jam issue
Take care of these HP OfficeJet 6500A plus troubleshooting steps to eliminate paper jam issues while printing.
- Never use folded, frayed, or torn papers. It should be a clean and good quality.
- Use a similar type of page at a time.
- Use the optimum paper type for a particular printing operation.
- Do not add paper in the tray when the “printer is printing.”
The following are the solutions to fix jam issues in your printer. Firstly you need to remove the jammed paper using the following technique.
- Keep your HP OfficeJet 6500A printer turn on and unplug the power cable from your printer.
- Now removeyour printer’s (see access door for instructions to remove back cover).
- Remove the jammed paper and ensure the roller is free to rotate.
- Now secure the back cover to its place and plug the power cable to your printer and main socket.
- Turn on your printer now and start printing.
- Slow Printing
To execute HP OfficeJet 6500A plus troubleshooting for slow printing, follow the below steps:
- Do not use High Quality (High DPI) mode for general printing.
- Use proper paper type for print operation.
- Always keep the smooth side or printing side facing upwards in the printer tray.
Use these steps to print in draft mode.
- Go to the printer control panel from your computer.
- Locate the Hardware and sounds section.
- Now navigate to printer and devices.
- Also, you may right-click on the HP OfficeJet 6500A printer.
- Choose Printing preferences from the drop-down list.
- Further, you need to click the Color and Quality tab.
- Now select Quality>Draft mode.
- After selecting this option, you will get quick print outs.
- Printer Offline error
The offline printer issue occurs due to a communication problem between printer, network, and computer. HP OfficeJet 6500A plus troubleshooting steps for printer offline problem are:
- Firstly you need to make your printer a default printer.
- Now on search box type Devices and hit enter.
- Click the Printer and devices.
- To proceed further, you need to uncheck the option “let windows manage my default printer”.
- Now click HP OfficeJet 6500A and select Manage.
- In the end, click set as default.
To fix the HP printer offline issue, you can also run the HP print and scan doctor tool, which can automatically diagnose the error. Additionally, you need to ensure the stable signal strength on your printer.
- Print Job stuck in Queue
If your HP OfficeJet not printing and the print job is stuck in the queue, this section will help you a lot. At times, you cannot cancel and delete the print commands, which makes your printer be at no-movement mode.
Follow these steps to get your printer back to running state.
- Go to the HP website from your computer.
- Now search for HP Print and Scan doctor.
- Click on the download now option.
- Navigate to the download location and search for the HPPSdr.exe file.
- Click over it and follow the instructions to add your printer.
- Now Run the tool, and it will detect and fix the flaws automatically.
HP print and scan doctor will also help you fix other issues in the OfficeJet printer. There is a manual processto resolve offline printer error, but using the above steps will quickly dilute the problem.
You can follow any of the above sections to fix your printer problem. Like any other device, your HP OfficeJet printers are also prone to errors, although you can reduce the downtime of your printer with proper use and regular maintenance.
Also, during HP OfficeJet setup installation, you need to use the correct paper type of good quality, install the ink cartridge properly, and regularly update the printer driver software.
Taking care of your device is the best way to troubleshoot though, you can contact our HP Support number for any query, let our experts handle the situation for you.