HP printer not scanning correctly?
Hewlett Packard aka HP is one of the biggest names in printer and scanners. You must have used HP printers to scan and print any document. These devices have actually become a part of life, within a few seconds you can send files, documents via email to another end.
But sometimes, technology challenges you with some hurdles on your way, nevertheless,the solution is always there. You might have experienced an error while communicating with your HP scanning device, this is an indication of error in your printing device or HP printer not scanning correctly. So in today’s blog, we are going to address the same issue.
HP keeps on updating the software in their official website to fix these errors, and the one majorly used to debug the error of HP printer not scanning properly is Scan Doctor. And at any point in time if you are not able to diagnose the error by your self then you can contact the HP Support.
Printer Scanning errors-
Let us first understandthe scanning errors. While using your HP printers to scan any document you might experience an error message and the reasons could be many, all you need to do is recognise the error and fix it accordingly. Following are the issues that need to be addressed.
- Error found while communicating with your scanning device and HP imaging device.
- Your scanning device is unable to find your computer or unable to detect it.
- Connection lost with the scanner or unable to detect.
- Unsuccessful scanning operation.
- The scanning device is not found
- The scanning device is not reachable.
- Scanning operation not initialised.
To solve any of the above errors you need through the pointers that we have discussed below.
Download HP Printer and scan doctor-
The first step is to download the HPscan doctor, this is a free tool to help diagnose the HP printer not scanning correctly error and to proceed further, follow the steps given below:
- #1 step is to turn on your printer that requires debugging.
- Ensure your printer one connected to your computer.
- Now connect your computer with the internet and visit support.hp.com
- In HP home page select product > printer support.
- Here you will have to Click “download HP printer and scan doctor”.
- Further, select “No” To download the standard version.
Troubleshooting with HP printer and scan doctor-
This step will resolve the error in connecting your printer with the computer, although the process is short but followed with proper steps. After downloading the latest standard version you will receive an extension file and you need to run and wait further for the process to complete.
- You will have to click the file name HPPSdr.exe that is visible at the bottom left corner of your PC.
- Now a small window will open up and click “yes” to run the extension file.
- And proceed further by click “yes” to agree on terms and conditions.
- Thereafter you need to click “start” to detect your HP printer and scanner device.
- Further, now a new window will display the list of printers and devices connected to your PC through wired or network connection. Choose your printer, by selecting the name.
- If you are not able to find your printer then click “My product is not listed”, this will Perform some basic troubleshooting.
- Now select your printer and click “Fix scanning”.
With these troubleshooting methods, you will be able to fix the HP printer not scanning correctly. Although Hp scan doctor free tool has always been reliable to debug an error related to printing and scanning, in case your scanner is not responding even after running this tool then the following hacks might be of your help.
Wireless printer or scanner-
- Recheck the network connection of your printer and computer, also both should share the same network.
- Restart your computer and printer, this will refresh your devices, and probably fix them as well.
- Always ensure to put your printer and computer closer to Wifi router, to prevent signal distortion and there should be no obstruction between computer and printer.
- If you are using a wireless printer then the wireless indicator light on your printer should be steady, if blinking then restart both the printer and wireless router.
- Set your firewall settings to allow HP downloads and installations.
- Ensure your network connection should be fast and if experiencing any speed related issue then contact your network service provider.
Wired (Ethernet) printer or scanner
- Remove the Ethernet cable from your printer and router and then reconnect it to their respective slots.
- Restart both your computer and printer.
- If the issue remains unresolved then check by changing the Ethernet wire with a new one.
With these simple hacks you will be able to diagnose the network connectivity issue in your printer and this will hell you in correcting the scanner error.
With this DIY guide you willbe able tofix your scanner error and get the amazing scanning experience of your HP device. We have provided you the steps in easy way so that you can troubleshoot the HP printer not scanning correctly error on your own without any help.
In short, you just need to download the HP scan doctor from HP website and run this free tool to detect the error in your HP device, the process is explained from the basics in this article. If this doesn’t work out then you need to check the network connection and look out for other pointers as described. Sometimes small issue creates a bigger trouble. You can always contact the HP scanner support for any query.