Do you want to connect your HP printer to the PC, but do not know how to start? Well, you can have a look at the following guide to connect the HP printer with your computer easily. If you need expert’s guidance, at any point of time, then use HP Printer customer service number without any hesitation. Our experts are available 24/7 to assist you.
Step 1 – Allow automatic download for driver software
First of all, you have to make sure that the customer is set to download the driver software automatically. To do so, you have to follow the following steps:
- Open the ‘Change device installation setting’ of Windows.
- After opening the settings, set the option to ‘Yes’ and then tap on ‘Save Changes’.
Once you are done with it, you have to connect the printer with your PC.
Step 2 – Connect your printer to the PC
Let us have different methods to connect your HP printer to the computer. First, we will have a look at the USB connection method.
The USB connection to your computer
Follow the following steps to connect the printer via the USB drive:
- Ensure that your computer is connected to the internet for HP printer installation.
- Turn on your HP printer to proceed further.
- Now, you have to connect a USB cable to the USB port on the rear of your HP printer, and then go back to your PC.
- If the message ‘Found new hardware’ appears on your screen, follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver and try printing something.
If you can take out prints, you have successfully installed the driver. You can now use the printer to carry out your work. In case you not able to take the prints after following these steps, check the following:
- Check whether your PC is connected to the internet or not.
- Check whether you have plugged the USB cable properly
- Try plugging the USB cable in a different USB port.
- Try restarting your HP printer
- Try resetting your computer.
If your HP printer does not connect even after this, then you can take help from the HP support number. They will listen to your issues and provide you with the best possible solution.
Wireless connection to your network
To connect your printer to your network using the Wireless Setup Wizard, just follow the simple steps listed below:
sure you have the following items:
- Network name
- Network security password
- A PC connected that is already connected to your wireless network
- And, your HP wireless-capable printer
- Ensure that the HP printer is put close to the computer while doing the installation.
- Also, ensure that both the printer and computer are connected to the same wireless network.
- Detach any USB or cable from the HP printer.
- Touch the Setup, Network, or Wireless menu on the HP printer control panel.
- Now, tap on Wireless Setup Wizard, and follow the on-screen instructions to connect the HP printer.
How to check the ink levels?
If you want to check the ink levels of the HP printer, you can do so quickly. Just have a look at the ink-level indicators on the printer control panel or on the self-test page. You can read the HP printer guide to find the steps for printing a self-test page.
You are suggested to purchase replacement cartridges and other supplies from trusted HP stores to ensure the durability of your HP printers. The HP support number is specially meant for technical assistance with your HP products & services.