The HP Envy 5010 is a lightweight and heavy-duty printer that connects to your WiFi to provide effortless printing. Due to the compact size, you can place this printer anywhere in the room, preferably near your wireless router. To connect HP Envy 5010 Printer to WiFi, you must follow some rules, and you can complete the procedure in several ways. This article covers all those steps and methods to connect your HP Envy 5010 to the wireless network. To proceed, you must use your local WiFi router, and you should know the network name and password. Here are those different ways to connect your HP Envy to the WiFi network.
How do I connect my HP Envy 5010 printer to WiFi?
You can connect your HP Envy 5010 Printer to your WiFi in the following ways. Depending upon the suitability, you can use any of them.
- HP Auto Wireless Connect
- HP Wireless Setup Wizard
- By obtaining WPS pin from HP Envy 5010 printer
- Using WPS Push button on WiFi router
- The WiFi Direct method
- Through USB setup
Although your WiFi router or computer might not be compatible with using all these methods, hence you will need to choose the best one for you as per your device. Make sure to update the printer drivers and your computer (Mac or Windows) OS to the latest version before connecting your printer to the wireless network.
Complete steps to connect HP Envy 5010 Printer to WiFi
Way 1. HP Envy 5010 Auto Wireless Connect
- Get your Windows updated to the latest version, and to proceed, you need to visit Settings > Update and Security > Windows Update. The Mac users must use macOS X 10.5 or newer versions.
- Your WiFi router must support 2.4 GHz network as your HP Envy 5010 does not connect to the 5.0GHz router network.
- You must connect the computer and HP Envy 5010 to a similar wireless network.
- The wireless adapters must control your computer’s OS. This way, the HP printer software will be able to obtain your PC’s current network settings.
- If your printer is on for more than two hours, then reset it using the proper procedure. On the printer control panel, click Wireless > Settings > Restore Network Settings.
- Now download the printer drivers and software from the hp.com website.
- When you visit the webpage, click Download Drivers found under the Support
- When it asks to Identify the Product, then type HP Envy 5010 Printer and click Submit.
- Now follow the adequate steps to download the drivers on your PC.
- Visit the location where you have saved these files and double-click over them to start installing them on your computer.
- During the installation process, the software will ask you to choose the connection type then click over Network (Wireless/Ethernet).
- Furthermore, click Yes, send my wireless settings to the printer.
Your PC temporarily disconnects with the network during this process to connect HP Envy 5010 Printer to WiFi. You must make sure to save all files or any online work before using HP Auto Wireless Method.
Way 2. HP Envy 5010 Wireless Setup Wizard
Keep your network name and password handy. You will have to enter these details on the HP Envy 5010 printer’s control panel. All these credentials are case sensitive, hence please use the exact information during the procedure.
- Turn on your HP Envy 5010 printer.
- Now touch the Wireless icon on your printer control panel.
- Click Settings and use the up or down button to choose the Wireless Setup Wizard
- The printer will display the list of available networks. Click on your local wireless SSID name and then enter the password using the control panel’s virtual keyboard.
- If you cannot find your network name, enter it manually at the bottom of the network list.
- At the final confirmation, click Ok.
- Now HP Envy wireless setup settings are saved on your printer, and the next time it will connect automatically to the WiFi router.
You might face the problem of invalid credentials while using the HP Wireless Setup Wizard method. To avoid such errors and connect HP Envy 5010 Printer to WiFi router, you must put the exact details. However, if still the connection is not established, then print the network configuration page and follow the steps in that report to fix the problem.
Way 3. Obtain WPS pin from HP Envy 5010 to establish a WiFi connection
After downloading the printer software, your computer will detect the HP printer and ask you to enter the WPS pin. But where to ge it from? Here are the simple steps to obtain it from your HP Envy 5010 Printer.
- Ensure your printer is On, and the display is active.
- Now click the Settings icon on the printer control panel.
- Choose the Network Setup option and select Wireless Settings.
- On the screen, click WiFi Protected Setup and touch the option PIN.
- The printer control panel will display an eight-digit code, which is valid for the next five minutes.
- Note that code and enter it into the desired field on your computer to connect HP Envy 5010 Printer to WiFi.
Alternatively, you can also look for a WPS pin on your wireless router, which is probably beneath the device. Use it to connect with the WiFi directly.
Way 4. Use WPS Pushbutton for HP Envy 5010 wireless connection
If your WiFi router has a physical Pushbutton, you can establish the HP Envy 5010 wireless setup using this method.
- Click Settings on the touch control panel of your printer.
- Select Network Setup and then click Wireless Settings.
- Now choose the option WiFi Protected Setup.
- Choose Push button, and within the next two minutes, press the WPS pushbutton on your router for HP Envy wireless setup.
Way 5. HP Envy WiFi-Direct method
You can connect HP Envy 5010 Printer to WiFi using this method as well. If you do not have access to the internet but need an immediate printout, then the WiFi direct comes to the rescue. Here is how you can establish a network connection.
- Select the Wireless Direct icon on your HP printer.
- Your printer control panel will display the network name along with a password.
- And if it doesn’t display, that means the status is off. To turn it On, click Settings and toggle On the WiFi-Direct
- Now look for the available networks on your PC or laptop.
- Choose the one with network name resembling as HP Envy Direct, or something like that.
- Enter the network password that you have noted down in the previous step.
Way 6. HP Envy 5010 Printer USB setup
Get a USB cable and proceed with the following steps. Please do not use the USB cable until the software instructs you to do it.
- Disconnect the USB cable from your HP Envy 5010 printer and PC.
- Navigate to the HP Envy support website and download the printer drivers.
- The software may ask you to download the HP Smart. This app will help you with steps to install the drivers.
- Now visit the download folder under File Explorer.
- Double-click the HP Envy installer files.
- Click Run on the confirmation screen.
- When the software asks for connection type, choose USB, and connect the printer and computer with a USB cable.
- Wait until your PC installs the drivers and connect HP Envy 5010 Printer to WiFi.
- Print a test page to check the network connection status.
Facing trouble connecting your HP Envy 5010 to the WiFi network? Dial Our support number
The HP Envy 5010 Printer is an advanced device, and you can use any of these steps to establish a network connection. For a smooth process and quick printer wireless setup, make sure to use the stable WiFi network, and no other device should connect to your wireless router.
Besides, save and close all online or offline files on your PC while following the process to avoid losing them. To connect HP Envy 5010 Printer to WiFi, you can use the WiFi-Direct method, but you must use it as a temporary solution. If you have any query, then feel free to ask our support team. We are ready to assist you, and we will be happy to resolve your printer issues.