Connecting HP Deskjet 2600 to Wi-Fi is going to be an easy stuff for you after reading this blog, all you need to do is follow all the steps given in this article.
Now first restore the printer wireless setting to factory defaults, install the HP print driver and software, and then setup the wireless (Wi-Fi) connection.
Step 1. Prepare for Installation
- Turn on the computer and router.
- The computer should be the connected to the wireless (Wi-Fi) network and ensure that both computer and HP Deskjet 2600 printer are connected to the same wireless network.
- To setup the printer, load the paper in the tray, install the ink cartridges.
- Switch on the printer and position it in close proximity to computer and within range of the router during the setup operation.
- Disconnect USB cables from the printer.
Step 2. Restoring default wireless settings on the HP Deskjet 2600 printer
- Check the “Wireless light” is blinking and “Power light” is bright on the printer control panel, if not so then press the “Power” button to wake the printer from the sleep mode.
- If Wireless light doesn’t blink, press & hold “Wireless” button and “Cancel” button together for 3 seconds. Repeat the Step if the procedure is unsuccessful.
- You have approximately 2 hours to complete the software setup using the HP auto wireless connect feature, so immediately proceed to the next step.
Step 3. Installing Software and HP Deskjet 2600 printer driver download
- Visit 123.hp.com/dj2600, and click “Download”.
- Software is downloaded, open “HP Easy Start”.
- Click Setup my HP product and Click “Accept” on terms and conditions.
- Click “Continue” on Prepare screen and ensure “Power” button light is bright on control panel else press the button and wake the printer from sleep mode.
- Click “Continue” on Connect screen that shows your printer series and serial number as “Ready to Connect”, if not so then repeat the steps to restore the default wireless settings.
- Now the Connect screen displays ”Join” button in-between your printer and wireless network SSID.
- Click “Join”, if network name is correct.
- If it is not correct, Select the correct network name from the network name tab, and click “Join”.
- Click “Allow” and give access HP Easy start to selected Wi-Fi key chain. Click “Deny”, if you want to enter the password manually.
- Once the Tick mark displays, click “Continue”, HP Easy start sets up the printer and connect to the network.
- Select HP essential software, HP easy scan, and any additional software you want to install for the printer, and Click “install” and then Click “Continue”.
(Now HP Deskjet 2600 Printer Driver download is complete and software installed)
- On enable printing screen click “Add Printer”.
- On the add window, select the name HP Deskjet 2600 printer, click “Add” to add printer to the list.
- Click “Print Test Page”, to confirm the correct setup.
- Click “Continue”, after the test page prints.
Your HP Deskjet 2600 printer is now ready to print, copy and scan. Call- Hp printer support and get best assistance.