Is your HP printer setup WiFi not showing up?
It’s a prevalent problem that users generally face while trying to connect the HP printer to their WiFi network. However, these days the printers are smart enough to detect the network by itself and connect to it automatically.
Although still many HP printers need WiFi setup to begin printing, we will tell you about the simple troubleshooting tips to fix the WiFi not showing up errorand let your computer connect to hp wifi printer windows 10.
So, get ready with your printer, computer, and wifi router.
Steps for HP printer setup WiFi not showing up
Restore network Defaults (Control Panel)
You can try to restore network defaults and then try to print. This method is useful for WiFi setup to show up.
However, this section is for HP printers with a touch control panel.Jump to the next section to exterminate the error HP setup WiFi not showing up for printers without touch control panel.
- Firstly you need to Turn off your printer
- Now,after 10 seconds,you can disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- After you need to turn off your laptop or printer. (Device you want to connect to your printer)
- Now you need to disconnect the power cable from your WiFi router.
- Further, after 10 seconds, connect the power cable back to the WiFi router.
- Now connect the power cable back to your printer as well.
- Turn On your printer now.
- And turn On your computer or laptop as well.
- Now on your printer Control Panel, click Network/Wireless
- To proceed further, click Setup(gear) tab.
- Now you need to scroll down and select Restore Network Settings/Defaults. (This will restore the HP setup WiFi not showing upissue)
- Click Yes to confirm and then click Ok.
- Now you need to go back to the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- After that, you’ll have to choose yourLocalHome Network.
- If you do not find your network name, then scroll down to enter the SSID name manually. (Case Sensitive)
- After that, enter the Wireless Password using the Control Panel
- Then click Done>Ok
- Now you can print the Network configuration page, click Wireless>Print.
- On the printout, you can see the network status as Ready.
Restore Network Defaults (Printer with Buttons)
If HP setup WiFi not showing up in printer with buttons, then follow these steps. It will require you to use the WPS button on your router.
- Turn on your printer and then press and hold Cancel and Wireless buttons together until the power light starts blinking.
- Now, wait until power light becomes stable.
- After that, you need to press and hold the WPS button on your router for five seconds.
- Now the WPS light will start to blink on the router.
- Finally, your printer will connect with your Wireless network.
- Now you can print the Network configuration page, click Wireless, and information (i button) together.
- The printout will display the network status as Ready.
Reset Your Printer
To fix printer HP setup WiFi not showing up,you can reset your printer to troubleshoot any printer hardware related issues. Follow the simple steps given below:
- Firstly, you need to keep your printer in the running state.
- Now unplug the power cable from the main socket.
- After a few seconds, connect the cable back to the wall plug. (Avoid Docking stations)
- If your printer does not start by itself, then press the power button.
- Now try to connect to wifi printer windows 10.
Remove & Add Printer
If your printer software is having any issue, then it can be resolved by removing and adding your printer again to the computer. You might have to download the printer driver software at the end to fix HP printer setup WiFi not showing up issue. Here is how to do it.
- On your Windows 10, computer type Settings in the Search box and hit Enter.
- Now click Devices.
- After that, you need to select Printers & Scanners from the left side panel.
- Further right-click on your Printer_Name and click Remove Device>Yes to confirm.
- Now scroll to the top and click Add a Printer or Scanner.
- Your computer will display your printer, click over it and click Add Device.
If your Windows computer can not detect the printer, then you will need to visit the HP website and download the latest printer driver software for printer HP setup WiFi not showing up.
- Visit the hp.com/setup webpage.
- Click Support>Support and Troubleshooting
- Now click Download Printer driver.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and install the printer driver on your computer.
- Run Printer Troubleshooter.
Running the printer troubleshooter helps resolve issues such as HP printer setup WiFi not showing up or others as well. Proceed the following way to fix it.
- Firstly you need to ensure that your printer and computer are connected to the same WiFi network. To verify,you need to follow these steps:
- On your Windows 10 computer, go to the bottom right notification panel and click Network.
- Now check the Wireless network name to which your computer is connected.
- After that, click Wireless/Network >Setup > Wireless Setup Wizard on your printer Control Panel.
- Now verify that your printer connects to the same network connection.
- To run the printer troubleshooter, you will need to go to the Settings app on your computer.
- After that, select the Printers and Scanners from the left side panel.
- Now click on your HP printer and choose Manage.
- Further, you need to click Run the Troubleshooter.
- This process will automatically detect and fix any WiFi network problem.
Hopefully, had you undergone all the steps, you will undoubtedly be happier to print via the WiFi network connection. For your computer to successfully connect hp printer to WiFi windows 10 operating system, you will also need to use the updated printer driver software and firmware. Additionally, upgrade your Windows OS as per the latest release.