How to fix HP DeskJet Printer offline problem? Have you got tired of trying vague and ineffective methods? Then you must read this HOW-TO guide to get some practical fixes for offline Printer error.
HP Deskjet Printer offline issue is a network connectivity error between the printer and wireless/wired network. Although, most of the time, the wireless printers have encountered offline error more often as compared to wired printers.
The offline printer problem can also occur due to outdated printer driver software, or setting your printer to offline status. However, be it any reason you can solve this error with the help of this comprehensive document.
Moreover, the Hewlett-Packard has also designed and developed the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to troubleshoot the HP DeskJet printer offline issue. This tool can automatically diagnose and debug the error.We will also cover the process of using this tool.
Now let’s proceed to fix offline error in your HP DeskJet Printer.
Steps to Fix HP DeskJet Printer Offline Problem
1. Change Offline Printer status
Generally, most of the users ignore the printer settings and works towards advanced fixes. That’s the reason we have kept this point in the beginning. Follow the steps given below to change offline printer status.
- Turn on your computer.
- Now go to the Control Panel
- Further, navigate to theDevices and Printers
- Now you need to right-click on your HP DeskJet Printer.
- And click the option See what’s printing from the drop-down list.
- Now in a further window, delete the unfinished tasks.
- Then click the Printer tab and uncheck the option Use Printer Offline from the drop-down menu.
- If the Offline Printer option is already unchecked,✔mark it and again uncheck after a few seconds.
- Now restart your printer and router connection and verify the HP DeskJet Printer Offline issue.
2. Check network connection
If step#1 doesn’t resolve the issue, you need to check the network connection and printer-computer connection.
- Visually inspect no frayed or loose wire connection.
- Disconnect and reconnect the cables again.
- Restart your printer, router, and computer to re-establish the connectivity.
- You can also try to print the network configuration report from your DeskJet printer.
- On the printer control panel, press Wireless>Settings>Print network configuration report.
3. Restarting the Print Spooler Services
Sometimes restarting the Print Spooler services can also help you fix the HP DeskJet printer offline issue. But this is not a permanent solution; you might have to repeat these steps when offline printer error re-occurs.
- Right-click on Windowskey and click Run from the list.
- Now type msc in the dialogue box.
- Hit Enter
- Further,you need to right-click on Print Spooler in Services window.
- And click Restart from the drop-down list.
- Now verify the offline printer error by giving a print command. Move to the next solution if the problem doesn’t resolve.
4. Download & Run HP Print and Scan Doctor Tool
We have discussed this tool in the beginning. It can help you diagnose and automatically fix the HP DeskJet printer offline issue.
- Click here to visit the HP Print and Scan Doctor Tool webpage
- And click the Download Now
- You will receive an exe file at PC’s download location.
- Click on the extension file and open the tool.
- Now click Start and Add your HP DeskJet printer.
- Run the tool and click the Fix Printer problem.
5. Rectify the Print Properties
Although print and scan doctor tool may not fix settings related issue, you need to do this manually.
- Visit the Control Panel section on your computer.
- Click Devices and Printers.
- Locate your HP DeskJet printer and right-click over it.
- Click Printer Properties
- Then click Ports on the properties window.
- Now, if WSD port is present in the list, then go back and type Services in the search box and hit Enter.
- Now locate Function Discovery Provider Host and Function Discovery Resource Publication.
- In front of these two attributes, set the Status –Start and Startup Type –Automatic.
To Fix HP DeskJet Printer Offline Problem, you need to visit the printer’s control panel and click Wireless>Print network configuration report. Now you need to follow the instructions written on this report to fix the issue.
6. Set the Manual Connection
Sometimes you need to create the connections manually after getting details from your DeskJet printer’s network configuration report. To proceed, follow the below steps.
- Firstly you need to make sure that your printer is running.
- Go to the printer’s control panel and click Wireless.
- Then scroll the list and select Print Network Configuration Report.
- Now, wait for your printer to printout the report.
Now note down the Embedded Server URL, IP address, Subnet mask, and default gateway from this eport and proceed further.
- Now open the Chrome browser on your computer.
- And visit the Embedded Server URL address that you have noted down just now.
- As the window opens, click the Network
- Now on the left side panel, select Wireless/Wired
- Further, you need to click IPv4 or IPv6 configuration, depending upon your network connection.
- Click the tab Suggest a Manual IP Address if it doesn’t fill the details automatically. Then fill them manually.
- Click Manual IP. And then,refer to the network configuration report to fill the IP address, Subnet mask, and default gateway.
- Click Apply. And close the window.
7. Download the HP DeskJet latest printer driver software
If any of the above steps do not Fix HP DeskJet printer offline problem,then we recommend you to uninstall and then reinstall the printer driver software.
- Search for the Devices and Printers menu on your computer.
- Then right-click HP DeskJet Printer and select Uninstall device.
- Now you will need to visit the 123.hp.com/setup webpage from your computer’s browser
- And click Support.
- Then click Download Driver software.
- Now you might be asked the printer model then enter your HP DeskJet_PrinterModel.
- After that, you need to locate the file in download folders.
- Click and open the driver software file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- And select Install to download the full package.
Hopefully, all these steps will help you Fix HP DeskJet Printer Offline Problem, and if an error persists, it will probably be hardware-related.
You can try to print with another printer, and if it gets successful, then surely it is a printer hardware related error.
If your printer is under warranty, you can call the HP representatives, or else you can also contact our HP Printer support experts to get offline printer error fixed.