HP smart app is an easy application to perform Print, copy, scan and printer setup on a wireless network. HP Smart app is made for Android, Windows, iPad, Apple iOS that makes this app downloadable to almost all the smart phones.
Step 1. Installation of HP Smart app and printer setup
- Browse 123.hp.com, and install the HP Smart app.
- Ensure device to be connected to wireless network, open the HP Smart app and add printer in app.
- If your printer displays, then continue to the next step.
- If printer displays with Setup, then follow the on-screen instructions and continue to next step.
- If printer doesn’t show, then tap the + (sign) and select a printer from list or setup a new one, and follow instructions.
Step 2. Print, scan and copy using Smartphone-
Printing a Photo/Document
- Tap “Print” on device.
- To print from an online account, sign in and follow any on-screen prompts.
- Find a photo/document in device.
Note: Supported File types
For Android Devices: Photos (JPEG, PNG) and PDF documents.
For iOS devices: Photos (JPEG, PNG), PDF and MS Office Suite documents (doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx), text (TXT) files, and saved webpages.
Tap Print icon.
Scan using printer
- Place the document on the scanner glass or in the automatic document feeder tray.
- Tap the “Printer Scan “
- To select the input source, resolution, tap the “Settings Icon”
- Tap “Scan”
- To scan multiple pages, tap “Add Pages” and repeat steps
Scan using Smartphone Camera
- Tap the Camera icon (Android device) or Scan icon (iOS device)
- Select Auto/Manual Mode,Hold your device camera steady over the document
- Auto Mode: Once the document is automatically scanned, quickly movecamera to the next document/tap Right Arrow to end scanning.
- Manual Mode: Tap the capture icon to scan the document and tap Add pages icon (+)for multiplepage scan.
- Print your scan, send as an attachment or save in your device.
Copy documents/photos using HP smart app
- 1. Tap the copy icon. If you don’t see it in the app, then tap the personalize button and select copy.
- Place the document on the flat and contrasting surface.
- Select the right size of the object by tapping the Object size button.
4.Tap Flash mode.
- Select Auto/Manual Mode and complete the setup.
For Auto Modehold your device camera steady over the document
- Android: Once automatically scanned, quickly move camera to the next document/tap Right Arrow to end copy.
- iOS or iPadOS: Once automatically scanned, quickly move camera over the next item or tap the round page count icon on the top right corner of the app screen to end copying.
For Manual Mode, select and centre area you want to copy, and tap the Capture icon. Tap the Add pages icon (+) to add additional pages.
Step 3. Manage Printer preferences, messages and supplies
- Tap Printer icon to change printer preferences, view printer info, reports etc.
- Tap Notification icon(android) or printer icon(iOS, iPadOS) to view error message.
- Tap the Supplies to order supplies and you can manage your HP instant ink account.
Step 4. Learn additional features
- Print anywhere: When you are away from your printer then use your smartphone device and print jobs over the internet.
- Smart task: Create shortcut for print, email or saving files from the HP smart app.