These instructions will help you to set up your HP printer for a USB cable connection to a Windows computer using HP printer software. To get the most supported features from a USB connected printer, install the full feature HP driver.
Step 1: Prepare for the printer setup
Check the following requirements and delete the previous installed versions from windows in order to prepare the HP printer software installation. Confirm the following requirements and items before you begin:
- Confirm that printer is on and in ready to go state.
- Obtain a USB cable less than 3 m (9 ft. 10 in) in length.
- There is an available USB port on your computer: If you connect through a USB hub, the printer might not receive enough power to properly operate.
- If you connect the USB to the computer before installing the HP driver, continue with these steps to remove the printer from the installed devices to help ensure a successful setup. Otherwise skip to the next step to install the driver.
- Disconnect the printer USB cable from the computer and don’t connect until prompted during driver installation setup.
- Search Windows for ‘devices’, and then click the Devices and Printers control panel setting in the results.
- Right-click the icon for your printer model, and then click Remove device. If multiple icons exist for the printer, remove them all.
- Close the Devices and Printers window, and then continue to the next step.
Step 2: Install the HP printer driver and set up the connection
Download and install the best available print HP printer driver to complete the USB connection, HP printer software.
- Go to 123.hp.com enter your printer model, and then follow the onscreen instructions to download your driver. Depending on your printer model, the guided driver installation app HP Easy Startmight download.
- If a driver or HP Easy Start downloads, follow the on-screen instructions to open the download file to start the setup. When prompted to choose a connection type, select USB. You do not need to complete the remaining steps in this section if the setup is successful.
- If the download fails or your printer is not listed on 123.hp.com, continue with these steps to install a driver from the HP website.
- Go to HP customer support- Software and HP printer download, enter your printer model, if prompted, and then confirm the operating system version is correct.
- If a let’s identify your product to get startedpage displays, click Printer, type your printer model number, and then click Submit.
The software results page for your printer displays with the default operating system selected.
- If you need to change the operating system, click Change, select your version, and then click Change.
- Under the Driverheading, click Downloadfor the full software package, or click Basic Drivers for other driver options.
- When prompted by the installer to choose a printer connection option, select USBto continue with and complete the setup.
- Try to print, scan, or fax, depending on your printer functionality.
HP printer support number =LaserJet pro p1102
HP Printers – Install and Use the HP Smart App (Windows 10)
The HP Smart app includes tools to print, scan, check ink levels, and set up your printer on a wireless network.
Step 1: Install the HP Smart app, and then add your printer.
- On your Windows 10 device, go to HP Smart(in English) to get the app from the Windows Store, and then follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the app.
- On your computer, open the HP Smart app, and then click the Plus sign.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to add your printer or set up a new printer.
Step 2: Print or scan documents and photos
On the HP Smart app home screen, click a tile to print or scan an item from your printer, or scan images with your Windows 10 device’s camera.
Step 3: Manage printer preferences, messages, and supplies
From the home screen, view the printer status and access your HP Instant Ink dashboard, or access printer information, printer reports, or maintenance tasks.
- View printer status: Confirm your printer is ready for use. A yellow caution triangle displays when the printer needs attention.
- Check ink or toner levels and order supplies: View the estimated ink or toner levels on the home screen. To order supplies, click your printer, click Supply Status, and then click Order Supplies.
- Access the HP Instant Ink dashboard: Click the HP Instant Inktile to open your HP Instant Ink dashboard or enrol your printer in HP Instant Ink.
- Print reports and access tools: Click your printer, and then click Printer Reportsto print reports such as a Printer Status Report, Network Configuration Page, or Print Quality Report. Click Print Quality Tools to perform maintenance actions on the printer.
- View wireless status and information: Click your printer, and then click Network Informationto view information such as the printer’s IP address, Wi-Fi Direct name, and network status.
- View a list of print jobs: Click your printer, and then click See What’s Printingto view recent print jobs.
Not all printer models support this feature.
- Access the printer’s Embedded Web Server (EWS): Click your printer, and then click Advanced Settingsto open the printer’s Embedded Web Server (EWS).
- Forget a printer: Right-click your printer, and then click Forget this printerto remove a printer from the home screen.