Hewlett Packard is a world-renowned brand, and with every passing year since its inception, its popularity has been only increasing owing to the amazing electronic devices it manufactures. Out of all its products, a significant number of people across the world make a purchase of the wireless HP printer due to its efficiency and seamless operation. Apart from fulfilling an individual’s printing needs, such a productive wireless printer from HP also duly meets demanding printing requirements of business enterprises effectively.
If you have lately purchased a wireless HP printer primarily because of its capacity to produce high-quality prints in a quick time, you have made the most sensible decision. Now, if you are encountering an issue just because you do not know the HP Wireless Printer Setup procedure, you need not worry at all.
There are several effective methods that can help you to setup and connect your HP wireless printer without any hassle. In this article, all the easy steps of every possible method are mentioned in a clear-cut manner to enable you to carry out the printer setup procedure with utmost convenience. Even if you aren’t able to setup your printer, get in touch with HP printer Customer Support to effectively carry out the setup process.
Top methods for HP wireless printer setup
HP wireless printer auto-setup
Wireless HP printer is capable of automatically connecting a computer, i.e., without entering your wireless network settings or any wire. Keep in mind that to setup your printer successfully; the printer should be the latest model, and the desktop or laptop has to meet the below-given requirements:
- Operating System should be Windows 7/8/10
- The PC controls the wireless adapter and makes use of a wireless connection
- Already connected to a network
- Uses a dynamic Internet Protocol
Now, once you confirm that your PC adheres to all these requirements, you can begin the HP Wireless Printer Setup process.
- First and foremost, you have to visit the official site of HP to search and download the software for your HP wireless printer model that you have purchased.
- After downloading the file, run it.
- Turn on the printer
- Follow the on-screen guidelines that you see on your computer till you find an option popping up on the screen – ‘Connection Type.’
- Choose ‘wireless’ and make a click on ‘yes, send wireless settings to the printer.’ Remember that the words in the phrase may differ depending on the OS and model of the printer.
- Bring an end to the HP Wireless Printer Setup procedure by following the remaining instructions that appear on-screen.
Wireless printer setup wizard
Ensure that the printer has a touch display to carry out this particular HP Wireless Printer Setup process without any hassle. You can only execute this method from the control panel of your printer. So, here are the steps to perform the setup procedure successfully:
- Press the wireless symbol or go directly to the menu where you see the Network option.
- Press the wireless setup wizard after choosing the wireless settings. The settings can vary based on the model of the printer, and therefore, you have to access the settings after knowing the model.
- Follow the steps popping up on the display screen of your HP wireless printer.
- Enter next after you select the name of your wireless network. You can even type the entire name of your wireless network and find it after scrolling down.
- Put the password of your wireless network
- Tap OK so as to confirm the wireless setting and complete the HP Wireless Printer Setup procedure.
To execute this HP Wireless Printer Setup process in an effective way, you have to make sure that your HP wireless printer supports Wi-Fi protected setup or WPS push switch mode, and the wireless router you are using has a WPS push switch.
- Start the Wi-Fi protected setup pushbutton system after opening the printer
- Within a couple of minutes, tap the Wi-Fi protected setup switch on your router
The HP Wireless Printer Setup process is done.
Windows OS setup
- Tap the ‘windows icon’ key on your keyboard and the key ‘I’ at the same time.
- You have to make a click on devices after the windows settings window pop up.
- Go to the ‘network’ menu of the printer after turning it on.
- To connect your printer to the Wi-Fi network manually, select the correct name of your wireless network and enter the password
- On your computer, under the tab ‘printer & scanners,’ you will find ‘+,’ click on it.
- Make a click on the ‘add device’ option after you find the wireless printer from the results, and doing this will finish the HP Wireless Printer Setup procedure successfully.
So, the HP Wireless Printer Setup methods and all the steps that are explained above in detail can help you to setup and connect your HP wireless printer with your computer and your wireless network effectively. Follow one of the methods initially, if you still find setting up the printer challenging, call HP printer Customer Support and take their help to execute the setup procedure successfully.