You would have bought your printer with high expectations to get quick printouts to submit documents immediately,but your slow and lazy printer delayed everything. That’s when it becomes more vital to fix HP Printer slow printing error.
No worries, we have analyzed and examined this error and have suggested some key pointers to fix this problem and get back your printer to the fast track mode. You can attempt to follow these suggestions on your printer model as well.
Before going more in-depth,you should know that how the slow printing issue looks like so that if your printer behaves the same way, then going through this document will become more relevant for you to fix HP Printer slow printing error.
Type of Issues
- Your printer is taking a lot of time to print a page or document as compared to the claimed speed.
- There is a long delay before printing,in your HP Printer.
- There might be a big-time lag between two consecutive printouts.
- Your printer might be running well, but gets too slow while printing over the network.
- Another issue could be your printer is responding too slowly.
If your printer is also going through any of the above challenges, then perhaps you are on the right page to solve your query. We are going to address every issue and exterminate it from the root.
How to fix HP Printer slow printing error?
You can follow the steps below, the way they are provided, with the primary diagnosis on the top and advanced later on.
- Check USB connection
If your printer connects with the USB cable, sometimes due to frayed USB, the connection remains weak, causing trouble in printing, such as slow printing error.
Additionally, if you are using a long wire,then it may also result in this error. You must replace such USB cables and try to put all the peripherals nearby.
- Check network connection
Sometimes the network connection is a significant culprit, which makes your HP Printer print slow. You can follow the below steps to check your connection strength.
- Make sure to keep your computer, printer, and the router nearby, and there should be no obstruction in between, such as a wall, metal object, or anything else.
- On your computer’s windows taskbar, you need toclick the Network iconand check the signal strength status, if it’s slow then restart your router or contact your network service provider.
- You should limit the devices that are sharing your network. If you can’t,then you will have to increase your network’s bandwidth.
- If you are using a wired connection, ensure that all connections are tight and secured at their required places.
- To troubleshoot the network-related issues, you can try to restart your router, disconnect, and reconnect with your printer. If the network issue persists, then contact your service provider to fix HP Printer slow printing error.
- Reset your HP Printer
Resetting your printer will resolves other technical glitches as well. Hence this becomes an excellent option to work upon.
- Firstly, keep your printer turn on and disconnect the power cable from the printer.
- After that, you can unplug the USB cable as well from your printer.
- After a few minutes, hold the power button on your printer for at least 30 seconds to release charge.
- Finally, reconnect your printerdirectly to the wall socket using the power cable.
- Now you can command the print job and verify to fix HP Printer slow printing error.
- Leverage both the print cartridges
Sometimes due to empty ink cartridge, you try to print using a single cartridge, which results in slow printing. Hence you should ensure to replace empty ink cartridge and leverage both for fast printing experience.
- Install the ink cartridges properly, do not touch the copper dots.
- Never leave unpack cartridges outside the printer for a longer time.
- Keep replacing the empty ink cartridges on time.
- Try to print now; if still your printer not print or print slow, then proceed to the next step.
- Adjust the Printer Preferences
If you have set your printer to print the best quality or high DPI printouts, it will naturally slow down the printing operations. You can follow the steps below to adjust the printer preferences and fix HP Printer slow printing error.
- Firstly on your computer’s search box type Printers and press Enter.
- Then click on Printers and Scanners from the search results.
- Further, you need to select your printer name and then click Manage.
- Now choose Printing Preferences from the list.
- On the next screen, you can click Paper/Quality tab and choose these settings, Paper type- Plain Paper, Print Quality –Normal/Draft/Standard mode
- Now save the changes and recheck if the problem is solved or not.
- Clearing the Printer’s Directory
At timessome files in the printer’s directory can interfere with the printing process. Tofix HP Printer slow printing error,you will have to delete the files on the list. Proceed as per the given steps.
- Press and hold the “Windows+R” key together; this will open the Run dialogue box.
- Now type msc and press Enter to open the services window.
- Now you need to navigate to Print Spooler and right-click on it and then select Stop from the list and then minimize the window.
- Furthermore,you need to locate the file explorer and visit C:Windows System 32 spool Printers file directory.
- Now you need to remove all the filesfrom the directory.
- Finally, maximize the services window and restart the Print Spooler.
- Uninstall and Reinstall the Printer driver
If the above steps are not successful to fix HP Printer slow printing error, then there might be a chance of corrupted or damaged Printer driver software. So you will have to uninstall it and then reinstall the latest printer driver to emulate the previous version from the HP site.
- Right-click the start icon in your PC and select Device Manager from the list.
- Now you need to navigate to your printer and right-click on it and select Uninstall from the drop-down menu.
- On further confirmation pop up click Uninstall
- Reinstall Printer Driver- Now visit the HP website hp.com and click Support.
- Now click Download Drivers and Software, then you will be asked to enter theprinter name, For Ex. HP Envy_Model Number.
- After that, the program will scan your printer and provide you the required list of drivers and software.
- Click the Driveryou need and click Download.
- Finally, follow the on-screen instructions and complete the driver installation process.
- Update Printer Firmware
HP keeps releasing new firmware, which after downloading and installing it to your computer, can fix the bugs in your printer software. You can follow the above process to update the firmware.
Ensure to keep your printer connected to your computer through USB cable or wireless network. Visit the HP website and install it after following the instructions.
To fix HP Printer slow printing error,you need to take care of some critical points such as updating both the printer driver and firmware with the latest version. The process will help you to fix bugs in the previous software. Also, ensure a strong network signal strength for wireless printing;even all the peripherals should be put close to each other. If you are not able to clear your issue, then consider contacting the HP support number.